Friday, September 7, 2012

new signs




For the last ten years, I have made stencils and painted wooden signs and blocks with them for the holidays.  I used to have a neighbor that I would pawn my signs and wooden blocks to each Halloween and Christmas.  The poor girl would open her door to find that I hung a sign from her wreath without her knowing it.   I appreciate her and all my other friends that have let me do that.  I finally decided that I wanted to make a few big wooden signs to hang around my house and possibly sell at craft shows in the future.  So, here are a few that I made last week.  I kept the white and grey one and hung it in my hallway last night. As a kid, my dad would have us sing "Love at Home", a song from our church hymn book, whenever we were fighting.  So, I was thinking this might remind me to make sure my kids get the chance to sing this same song whenever they fight.  Or, if they are really bad, I will sing it to them!

3 comments:

chris said...

Love this design, Traci. I made a banner last year with the same saying...trying for the same effect. :)

ellen said...

I love wooden signs. Do you have an etsy shop? I'm serious!

Candace said...

I have the same question. One of these would be perfect for my door. It's dark so a light sign would be perfect and there is a screen door with glass inserts so there isn't enough room for a thick wreath and it would be protected. Best of all, it's in our hymn book too and was sunflower often as my kids were growing up.