Sunday, March 29, 2009

a pattern for the owl


I thought I would draw out the pattern for the owl applique that I did last week for my two year old's shirt. The pieces (are not so steadily) drawn so that you can layer them as you applique - meaning you can slide the wings slightly under the body or the body under the head at the top. Does that make sense? I just traced around a button for the large part of the eye, so do that if it is easier than using the pattern piece. And, for the inside of the eye I sewed on a black button. This pattern could also be used for embroidery. I might have to try that. You can download the pdf here.

8 comments:

koala brains said...

Oh, I'm so glad you provided the pattern b/c it's absolutely adorable!! I am going to applique one of my daughter's tee. Thank you!

dana said...

Very cool. Thanks for drawing it out.

Kristin said...

I love it and will definitely be using this - thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! I have been looking for an owl patter for a while now! Thank you Thank you!!

Kari Sweeten said...

As you can tell I am obsessed with owls so THANK YOU for this!!

Anonymous said...

i love all your appliques!the owl one is now on my purse.not only do little kids love this design but my teen friends love it too!thanks!

chitchatchic said...

Thanks for this! Ive been wanting to try this on a number of things, and now I can:)

Jesse
blog: allthatchatter.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you from an Aussie for pattern and instructions I will make into an owl pot holder for [owl]Howell friends] D