Friday, March 27, 2009

she did it well


picture courtesy of dana at made

I have followed Dana's great blog for awhile now. I always get inspiration there. She made a dress from her husband's dress shirt and she really did it well. I love it to say the least. She let me share it with you. You should check out her blog to see all the many other fashion re-do's. I just love the yellow waist band. I made me go back to the drawing board and make another one from a shirt my mother in law gave me from Good Will this week (but, shhhh...don't tell her I cut it up - it was supposed to be for me!). I will post it tomorrow. It's late and now I have to draw some giveaway winners.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, meeee meeee meeee!

I have actually had this link saved in my bookmarks for a long time: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=134335.0

(A great little cap-sleeved shirt made from a men's shirt -- love it!) I would love to find the time to make one of these for myself.

Bianca said...

After seeing your original dress, and now this one, I'm DEFINITELY going to have to give this a try!

Love your blog too!

dana said...

You are too, toooooo sweet! Thank you for the personal blog post shout out! I love that the crafting world is a whole forum of ideas. As you can see, I've gathered much of my inspiration from your fabulous blog too!
Can't wait to see what you come up with next. I actually went to Goodwill last night and bought two more shirts. Haha. It's addicting.