Friday, March 27, 2009

my new kid



I can't quite call it a kidlet since I just couldn't help but make it bigger. My friend, Jamie, showed me this pattern last year and we were going to make these. Well, a year later, I found the pattern printed out on the top of my messy pile, so it was time to give it a try. I made the original kidlet found on the jchandmade blog (tons of great stuff there) and I loved it, but it was a bit too small. So, I beefed it up a bit and decided it was a kid and not a kidlet. Of course, it was much easier and faster to make this kid than my other four, but I am sure it won't bring me quite as much joy. I changed the dimensions -

*from 11X11 for both the outside and lining fabric to 13 inches wide X 15 inches tall
and the pocket was enlarged to 10 inches wide X 7 inches tall. I kept the cotton webbing (the handle) the same size.

I made this one to hang in my daughter's room from her hooks on her wall. She needs more storage for all the books grandma brings her. I am going to make a few more for the boys as well. They are super quick and easy to make. If you know me, then you know that's what I look for in a sewing project. Someday I will have more patience.

ps- the giveaway ends tonight. I am almost positive I will give away more than three. Let's just say that I bought a multi pack of little bubble mailers!

4 comments:

traciec19 said...

I've always wanted to try to make those. Thanks for sharing your dimensions.

dana said...

Great idea. I LOVE it. And I really like the little butterfly on the back.

Melanie Smith said...

I printed out a pattern for this last year and it sits in to do pile for someday. Glad you got around to it. I love it!

Tanya said...

That's funny...I forgot to sign out of my work account and here I am leaving comments all over the place under Melanie's name.