Saturday, February 12, 2011

making valentines

The school my kids go to doesn't allow any food/sweets for holidays, birthdays or parties. Sometimes it's a bummer because it seems like the cute crafts have candy involved. I do know that in the long run we make up for the lack of sweets at school by having way too many at home. So, it may be a good rule for their school. Maybe. Because of this rule, I have to be a bit more creative when it comes to Valentines cards every year. Last year I found some for the boys that turned in to little soccer fields or basketball courts (little balls included).


This year, I found some for my nine year old that folded in to paper airplanes with 4 different styles. He thought they were cool, therefore, I was happy. For my six year old, I turned an easy Valentine cross word into a Valentine postcard. We added sports themed pencils to the cards for the boys and plastic heart bracelets for the girls. We just wanted these to be a bit better than the commercial ones where they just sign their names. Hopefully the kids will like the word search as well as the additional trinkets.



As for my four year old...she goes to preschool, so her Valentines were full of candy!

8 comments:

Marjorie said...

I love them! I'm sure the kids will too! Very fun!

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

Such great ideas! I should have asked you about it this week. I could not come up with any non candy idea, so we just did the store bought ones..
I love the word search!
M-

The Wilkins' said...

I love this, and so does my daugher! I know this is from 2 years ago, but do you by chance still have the file to share with me? katecanskate @ Hotmail.com

shang09 said...

i would also love the printable!

Unknown said...

I would love this printable, too, if you have it and are willing to share. Love the idea!!
txsooner @ hotmail.com

AScrapOfKindness said...

I will do the word search for the ladies in my office. Will use all their names and other business words. After all, we are all kids at heart. Thank you for the idea!

AScrapOfKindness said...

I will use the word search for the ladies in the office. Will use all their names and business words. Thank you for the idea... after all, we are kids at heart!

Daltonsmommie said...

I would love this printable of word search. Thanks for sharing! dwil74@aol.com.