Sunday, February 27, 2011

lil cutie pouch

I have had Noodlehead's Lil Cutie Pouch book marked for quite awhile now - wondering if I could make something with a zipper. I know, I know...it's not too hard to sew with a zipper, but I have this fear you know. One of the first dresses I ever made (which was a Sew Easy pattern by the way)had a zipper in the back and I struggled putting it in such a small 12 month sized dress. That might have scarred me a little.

Anyway, the directions for the pouch were so clear and it was easy to make. I made it for a friend for her birthday and filled it with chap stick and gum and then made a matching key fob to go with it.

And, yesterday I went to Hobby Lobby and bought 7 more zippers, so that I can make an entire collection of these little pouches. They are perfect to attach to the inside of your purse so that you have easy access to the essentials.

7 comments:

Terry said...

I made Noodlehead's gathered clutch and I LOVE it! I added a few more "card holders" and it's perfect. My phone, keys and change fit into it. I'm making them for Mother's Day gifts. Her patterns are perfect for using up fabric scraps!

Wendy said...

Wow, great pouch and well done on that zipper, I hate the damn things! Can I ask if you used a tutorial for the key fob as I'd love to make some.

chris said...

This is one of my favorite go-to gift ideas. Love the fabrics you chose!

Monica said...

I love that pattern too. I made them for Reily's friends for Christmas. There's an etsy shop that sells all colors of zippers for super cheap
...kandcsupplies.

Cheryl said...

I feel so SPECIAL that you made this for ME! I love it and love you. You are amazing and your sewing skills are impressive. Thanks for making me feel like a star on my birthday!

Unknown said...

very cute and I like it
--
Seattle Real Estate

Masko said...

These are so cute! Can you share instructions for making the key fob?
Thanks!