Friday, March 14, 2008

another tote that needed a re-do




I started making a little tote for me niece, Sadie, for her birthday that is coming up and it went so wrong. I decided to put some fabrics together to make one piece and these were heavy fabrics. Then, I added backing (just as the pattern said) and then, I added a reverseable fabric. I shoved that big wad in to my sewing machine and broke 3 needles and couldn't get the fabric to even move. I had to come up with another plan. I unpicked all that I had done and decided to take a different route. I just added a liner and made one similar to my bag from Jodie's tutorial. I think it turned out pretty cute and hopefully, a 12 year old will like it. I know this 30 something will steal it if she doesn't!

1 comment:

marlene said...

Traci
you still got it love this blog