This was such a needed two week vacation. I forget how much I love this place, but especially how much I miss my family. Kentucky and San Diego are just too far apart. I wish we could squeeze these two places closer together. I am just enjoying the time I do have. We are heading home Wednesday. I am sure I will sit in my sewing room and be excited to start some new great projects because on this trip the only creative things I have done have been making lunches and deciding what our plans are for the day. It's been a fun change of pace. Some of the highlights from this trip:
- Eating here, here, and here.
- Taking a class for this.
- Having my friend and her kids with us the first week.
- Peanut butter shakes from here and Slurpees from here.
- Dinner and swimming with my family (the extended family) here.
- Meeting up with dear friends at the beach.
- Seeing this and one of these games all in one day. Poor team! Still love them though.
- Taking the ferry to here so that we could ride bikes.
- Visiting this world famous place.
- Touring this and being just amazed.
- Lots of swimming in my parent's pool and lots of great visits with cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents.
I am grateful for my family and friends and for the fun times we had together. We have one more trip planned at the end of the month and when we get back from that one - I am talking a day or two - school will start. A little bit of a whirlwind, but totally worth it!