Tuesday, December 29, 2009

soldered ornaments




I always have friends that have more confidence in me than I have in myself. To them, I am grateful. I have a friend who asked me to solder 7 necklaces for her friends that she serves with at church and that was a great compliment. I have another friend who asked me to take vintage postcards to and from grandparents and great grandparents, scan them, and then turn them in to Christmas ornaments with solder for her mom, brother and sister. I was a little nervous. If you know me, than you know that this is a common feeling I have. But, I was also excited. I was able to get them done and then, because I liked how they turned out, I made a few for her and her family for Christmas with photos I stole (from her blog) of their recent family vacation.  I, of course, made just a few for myself. Since then, I have ordered more chandelier pendants and made (asked) my husband to cut more glass. It's fun to see something turn out all right after being a bit apprehensive about the whole thing. These photos are the ones I made for my friend with their vacation photos and of the one for another friend.  I didn't take any of the ones I made with her awesome vintage postcards, but hopefully she will post some soon.   

13 comments:

seven thirty three said...

You have been given an award over at seven thirty three - - - a creative blog!

Bianca said...

Wow! Those look fantastic!!

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

They all turned out beautifully!

NewFarmChick said...

A little birdie in a "Polka Dot Chair" said that it was your birthday. Happy Birthday Traci! Love the ornaments and the necklaces!

Angela said...

You are awesome! I love them all. "Happy, Happy Birthday Traci, dear!" (just imagine me singing it) Thanks for all your inspiration.

chris said...

Your necklaces turned out wonderful. Best wishes for another great 29th year!

Terry said...

I LOVE them! I've been wanting to venture out into the world of soldered jewelry, but don't have the confidence yet to do it! Your jewelry and ornaments are an inspiration. Thanks. :)

Unknown said...

Your necklaces are awesome! Happy Birthday!!
Hope you have a wonderful day!
-xoxo
E

Bridget said...

Those are beautiful, I love the vintage images! I hope you have a very happy birthday today!

Patsy said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

Happy Birthday! I LOVE your vintage charms and ornaments! You will do great on Etsy!
Happy to meet you!
A Happy New Year to you also!

sb said...

Oops, I'm a few hours late, but I did want to wish you a happy birthday! You're very talented, and I love being able to follow along with all your new projects. I hope you have a great (and crafty) year and that 36 treats you well!