Saturday, December 12, 2009

her red dress and other things


When I made this dress a few months ago, I couldn't get her to put it on for a photo. And, she hasn't worn it until now since I did make it as a Christmas dress. It's the French Ruffle Dress from Mani Mina Oh, and there is a funny (now it's funny) story about her new haircut. It involves her older brother (age 5), herself and some embroidery scissors. Let's just say she now has a comb over.

Also, here is the pattern from my mom for the Magic Pillowcases that I shared here.

And, I have been making this english toffee for friends and as a favor to a friend and thought I would reshare it. When my mother in law and I made it the other night, we added dark chocolate chips instead of semi sweet and it was soooooo good. It's an elegant candy that is super simple to make.

3 comments:

Heather said...

what a great dress! thanks for the link to the pattern!!

Lauren said...

That dress is adorable, when I saw the picture I immediately wanted to go make one! And what are Christmas-time pictures without a home-haircut story to go along with them?

Your toffee looks and sounds wonnnnderful, I think it's made its way into my holiday gift baskets this year :-)

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I never sew anything but you always make me want to try! :) What a pretty dress and adorable little girl even if she had a mishap haircut. Whoops!