Thursday, September 8, 2011

my very first bound quilt

I am a bit sad that I don't have a photo of it right out of the dryer. You see...I finished it the day of the baby shower and took photos before I put it in the washer and dryer. I didn't get it pulled out until a few minutes before I left for the shower that night. I loved how it looked after it had been dried. The front fabrics are a combination of fabric left from outfits I have made for Mallory in the past. The back is fabric I picked up at a flea market a few years ago. I like that color combination is made up of both new and vintage fabric. I got so excited that I finally overcame my fear of binding a quilt that I have already started a new one for another little baby girl!


Wendy said...

You did a great job, your binding looks perfect! You should come and link to my Learn A New Technique ongoing linky
I don't require you to follow me!!

chris said...

What a great quilt. I love the vintage fabric you used. I'm sire it will be adored.

Monica said...

A-mazing!! You did an awesome job!!
Greedy me would have a hard time parting with those cute!

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

You did a great job. Finishing quilts is the hardest, LOL! I have lots of ideas, but finishing them is not my forte.