Monday, June 15, 2009

thanks

Thanks for all your suggestions on my last post.  I think I am grasping how I am going to do it.  I am going to make the sleeve a bit longer and in a triangle shape that has elastic at the cuff and make the shirt fuller. Now I need to find a minute to make it to the fabric store since I don't have any flowy fabric on hand.  That might be a big job with all the kids home from school, but I am determined.

photo from mani mini on etsy

I ordered this pattern the other day from Mani Mini Studio on etsy.  I just bought some coral color linen from denver fabrics that I think (I always think) will work great with this pattern. Check out her other beautiful patterns and clothes.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Traci -

I've been reading your blog for a while, and I love it! I was really excited to see this post because I just made this dress, but it didn't turn out well for me. I'm hoping maybe you can figure it out and then I can give it another shot :) Here's the way-too-small-but-thankfully-in-practice-fabric version I made:

http://fiddlehead.blogspot.com/2009/06/iso-one-reaaaalllly-lanky-toddler.html

Jennie Bender said...

This is too sweet! Very nice work!

Have you ever considered lots of vintage children's patterns on ebay? They are a great resource for design. I just bought a lot for my daughter. Check ebay out! I love the older design, you may find a lot of similarities there, too=)

Love your sweet dress!

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

I loved the shirt the first time! I can't wait to see what you come up with!
I've never seen that other site before... you find all the best goodies :-)

Anonymous said...

I just saw (and loved) this little dress myself a couple weeks ago--completely forgot about it--glad you reminded me!

Anonymous said...

What a cute dress! I'm off to pick one up for Miss Friday. :)