Monday, February 22, 2010

for a minnie lover



My friend up the street throws great birthday parties.  I have had the luck of sneaking in on a few of them for her kids.  She just threw a Minnie Mouse party for her 4 year old and it was so sweet. It made me want to dip my toes in to the birthday party arena.  I still fear that one a bit and usually just let my kids have a few kids over for a simple celebration.  She even made all the little girls red and white or pink and white polka dot skirts, gave them matching polka dot hair bows and mouse ears.  These girls were in heaven.  Knowing it was a Minnie theme, we decided to roll with that and make her daughter a Minnie outfit for a gift.  Inspired by another friend's appliques that she made for her daughters for their recent trip to Disney World, I added a simple applique to a white t-shirt.  Then, I made a quick skirt to match, pulling the lace trim off of a bed sheet I had inherited from my mother in law and adding a mini Minnie applique to the bottom.  I had a pair of black leggings I bought last year at the end of the season that matched perfect that I added to the outfit.  Hopefully, the Minnie lover will love her Minnie ensemble.  

18 comments:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

That is seriously CUTE! I love anything Minnie or Mickey. :)

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

Love this... I have been looking around for ideas because I want to make something for my daughter for when we go in a couple of weeks. Any chance you would do a tutorial for this outfit?

Katherine said...

I almost dieD of cuteness overload!

chris said...

W.O.W.

Katie Bishop said...

I love these shirts and saw them when we were in Disney. I wonder if it was your friend! I am going to make a bunch!

Amy said...

Yes, the Minnie lover LOOOOOVVVESSSS her outfit. You're beyond talented! Seriously, it made me want to cry. Any chances of one in my size? Thank you with all of my heart and Brooklyn's heart too!

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

This turned out awesome!!! I love the lacy trim on the bottom... that was such a great idea!!

Rowanmayfairs said...

Very cute !!

I need a mouse applique template..

Karyn said...

Ohhh how precious is that... it nearly makes me wish Spencer was a girl... you think he'd look cute in this?

Angela said...

I tried listing my favorite parts but nearly wrote everything. I loved the slight pattern on Minnie , the lace and the black leggings the most. Great Work! I'm taking notes for my next trip.

Jess said...

This is the only way to wear 'disney' paraphernalia! I especially love the lace on the bottom. PERFECT touch!

Julie said...

My whole daughter's party is going to be Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I think this is ADORABLE! If your friend wants some last minute ideas for her party. Tell her to check out my blog itssewstinkincute.blogspot.com I am posting all about the party ideas and things I am doing. I have already done 10 posts regarding her party and there are so many more still to come! Super cute outfit! She will love it!

Tausha said...

oh how I love your blog! I found you and I am so happy that I did! Your skills are fantastic and your ideas are second to none. I will be back! Thanks for all of the inspiration. Please, stop by sometime and say hello!!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute...what a great idea. I hope the b-day girl loved it too.

Warm Colors said...

so so sweet. What a nice gift

Cheryl said...

Disney should hire you. Seriously.

Being a Disney girl myself, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

I wanted to come back and thank you for the inspiration. I made my own version and can't wait for my daughter to wear it this weekend @ DisneyWorld. Thank you!
P.S. I linked back to you: http://acraftyescape.blogspot.com/2010/03/minnie-mouse-outfit-redux.html

APO (Bem-Trapilho) said...

this made me smile! very nice!!!
loved your blog and all this great ideas!