Wednesday, February 3, 2010

freezer paper stencils


Ever since I figured what freezer paper stenciling was a few years ago, I have loved how dang easy it is. It's a lot of bang for you buck - especially when you buy the gigantic roll of freezer paper! There are a ton of tutorials out there, but basically you cut your image out of freezer paper with an exacto knife and iron it on the fabric you want stenciled along with another piece ironed in between the layers to stabilize it. Paint inside the stencil with fabric paint and peel the freezer paper away when it is dry. Very easy.

Well, now imagine it even easier. Melissa cut freezer paper 12X12 and put it in her Cricut and cut out images we used as stencils. Much easier than using an exacto knife. We all managed to get a few shirts made for Valentines Day and even a couple extra. Check out her blog to see the ones she made.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

These are fantastic. I must try this.. thanks!

dana said...

I totally agree! I'm a freezer paper addict. That heart one is great Traci.
Perfect simplicity.
Thanks for the link :)

Goat Gal said...

I love freezer paper! It is way too fun to create with it.

Cheryl said...

I LOVE them all! You are SO talented. I am amazed how you can whip up a stencil with ease. I, on the other hand, can barely sratch out a legible signature on the boys' homework.

I LOVE all your pendants and the shop. You two make quite the team.

Missing you!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love the cute fairy!

Jennwith4 said...

Very cute! I've bought a roll of freezer paper to do just this but haven't tried it out yet.

Unknown said...

I love your designs! I just tried freezer paper stenciling for the first time, and I'm totally addicted! Can't wait to do more!

Penis Enlargement Pills said...

I am thoroughly convinced in this said post. I am currently searching for ways in which I could enhance my knowledge in this said topic you have posted here. It does help me a lot knowing that you have shared this information here freely. I love the way the people here interact and shared their opinions too. I would love to track your future posts pertaining to the said topic we are able to read.