I have wanted to paint clothes pin dolls for awhile. There's a tutorial on my sidebar that was waiting to be followed from the going sew crazy blog. I have also wanted to make some little wooden doll candle holders for the top of cupcakes. I have managed to do make a few of these. The little doll heads and bodies have been sitting in my kitchen for awhile because it's one of those projects I do a little at a time. I paint a coat of hair...leave it to dry....add some eyes...paint another clothes pin body...you get it. I have probably had these out for 2 weeks. Finally I got some sprayed with lacquer and had my husband drill some holes in the top of some of their heads. The candle holders still need a few things, so I will post those soon, but here's what I did finish...
A little girl's necklace for Gage's friend's birthday (he says she loves him). She also got this kidlet (with out a pocket - that's another story) filled with classic Golden Books full of Disney princesses that I found at my beloved Half Price Books.
I also finished several clothespin dolls. I am trying to figure out a way to add a skewer to the bottom (or something) of the clothespin dolls to make them cake toppers. Or drill a hole in their heads for a candle. We'll see. I actually plan on putting a few things in an etsy shop soon. Just the extras that I make around here that I don't end up giving away. Nothing much, but soon perhaps.
*Oh, and thanks for the suggestions on the boy craft/sewing projects. I am going to collect them and post a link for all of them soon.