Friday, May 15, 2009

pink present





I have a dear friend who just had a birthday yesterday.  I wanted to make her something special, but sometimes that means I over think things.  So, in the end, I just went with a color scheme. Pink! I made two potholders with this tutorial, one glasses case, and some note cards using my Photoshop Elements and some digital scrapbooking images.  

At one time my friend and I both bought this Amy Butler fabric at the quilt shop here and even then I think it was sold out most everywhere because it was from one of her first lines.  I finally cut mine up last year when I made this purse - it's the pink and brown one.  So I used some of that fabric on the scraps for the pot holders I gave her.  She told me that she still hasn't found the perfect project for her fabric yet.  I do that too - I have a hard time finding the perfect project for some fabrics, especially when you know you can't get any more of it!  It's like gold. Well,  happy birthday friend and good luck in finding the perfect project for your fabric!  

7 comments:

Jen said...

Traci-Those are too cute!!! What a fun idea. I love it. I'm sure your friend (smile) loves it too. I love the fabric. Pink and brown hot pads, how fun.

dana said...

My you have been BUSY! Cute color scheme.

Kathy said...

I took the plunge and made the napkin skirt. Thanks so much for the tutorial. I love your projects. :o)
http://mamaink-kathy.blogspot.com/2009/05/mothers-day-sewing-project.html

Very Shannon said...

Wow! I wish I got pressies like this on my bday! You are a great friend. I love that amy butler fabric, it's gorgeous.
Come by our site, we have a special award for you :)

koala brains said...

Wow, I wish I had a friend who made me things. These are awesome and she will surely treasure them - lucky girl!!!

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

I am the LUCKY recipient of such a beautiful gift!!!

It's funny 10 years ago if you asked me if I liked pink I would have said 'no'... but I look though my closet and my craft room and fabric stash and there is pink everywhere!! I love it !!! I guess I had been denying my inner "pinky" he he he hee.... I am going to find a project for that fabric.. it doesn't deserve to just sit around... maybe another messenger bag, we'll see...
Thank you again! Hand made gifts are the BEST when you are a crafter you truly appreciate all the time and effort and creative energy that goes into stuff!! I'm so lucky to have you!
M-

Tracie said...

I love the color scheme. Pretty!!!
And the Amy Butler fabric is pretty too. When I finally bought some Amy Butler fabric I was afraid to cut it, lol.