Sunday, May 24, 2009

strawberry





That's what my husband keeps calling her.  I tried my hand at these shorts again and boy do they sew up quickly with a cute result.  I found two white vintage buttons in my collection and I love them on the front.  Once I made the shorts I had to add an applique to one of her white shirts (I have a hard time leaving those plain ol' white) so that's where the strawberry came in.  I showed the outfit to her yesterday morning and she started to put it on right away.  I was thrilled with that because the last few things I have made for her she has said, "too big." And, that's her version of - I don't want to wear it.  I didn't know two year olds could have strong opinions about clothes.  My boys didn't care until about 4.  There's one difference between boys and girls! 

11 comments:

T@iy@ said...

Very Sweet! Yummm... strawberries. We are having those for dessert tonight. :) her shirt makes me want to sneak in and grab a couple early...

I can't leave my daughter's plain shirts plain, either. They just look naked!

Marjorie said...

So cute! Adorable!

Shannon said...

Just think of the money you are saving!!! Cute little sets like this would cost you way more in the stores (& especially in boutiques)!

Very Shannon said...

These are adorable! My 2 yr old says the exact same thing about everything I make her "it's too big". Must definitely be a girl thing :)

Betsy said...

you did a lovely job. I have been wanting to make some things for my grandaughter and this looks like a beautiful outfit.
Thank you for sharing.

Marie Reed said...

These are so darling! I want a little girl:) I have three boys!

Katja said...

Aah, the memories... my mom made me a dress with strawberry fabric for my first day of school - I still remember it 25 years later...
Great job, the shorts are so cute!
Your little one is one lucky girl to such a crafty mom.

Tracie said...

Awww very cute

Lettie B. said...

Those are cute. I need to make shorts for my sons. That's one of the few things that do seem ok to sew for boys. (I saw your first shorts post and I noticed the same thing about sizes for toddler clothes turning out quite a bit too big on the actual kid.)
And maybe some boys don't get very picky about what they wear, but my older son (he's 3) has had very strong options about his clothes since he could talk! Other than just saying he doesn't want to wear it, he often says - no that is dirty!

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

this turned out SO cute, I've been searching for a good shorts pattern I'm putting this one on my list

marta said...

So cute! I'm going to check out that shorts pattern. My 2 year old is picky too about her clothes. She'll only wear it if she picked it out.