Monday, May 24, 2010

mondays

It's Monday and I will admit that I got the boys off to school and then headed back to bed just to rest for a bit. An hour and a half later I woke up and am feeling quite out of it. I wanted to get a jump start on the week because it's the last week the boys are in school and I have a TON to do. So, now it's 10 am and I am sitting in my work out clothes, trying to get this darn exercise ambition going. But, while I am waiting for that to kick in, I thought I would share a few things -

1 - The blog c.r.a.f.t has a m.m.m (making monday marvelous) feature and she has featured the Road Trip Pillowcases that I made last summer for our friends. I am going to make some for my children this summer.


2 - My friend Karyn at Releases by Rufydoof gave me a Kreativ Blogger award. Now, I met Karyn back in 1990 when she came from Australia to San Diego to be an exchange student with my best friend Angie. I had just gotten my driver's license, so we all had a blast driving around, shopping, and just having a great time. We still keep in touch sending each other gifts to each other for special occasions. This girl has an awesome talent for jewelry making and has been featured on the cover of beading magazines. For this award I must tell you 7 things you may not know about me -

1 - I got a degree in geography and tourism from BYU and still study the atlas at night before I go to bed.

2 - My husband asked me to marry him on the 50 yard line of the BYU Football field and I agreed because he had 2 tickets to Italy in his hand he was offering me as well.

3 - I grew up in a family of 8 kids and thought I would have 8 children as well. I now have 4 and truly believe that 4 is the new 8!

4 - My favorite music is ska. My favorite groups are Madness, English Beat, Special Beat, General Public, Ranking Roger, The Specials, and a few others. I need to make a good mix for my ipod to help me exercise. That might help get me off the couch!

5 - I grew up in San Diego and used to love to camp and the beach. One of my favorite things was when we would spend weeks and weeks camping at the beach and you would get so tan, even the tops of your feet and you would have Flojo marks!!!

6 - I love Kentucky. I moved here with my husband and family 10+ years ago and never want to leave. When I go back to visit my friends in San Diego they always ask if I am sure that I love it. There is just something good here - the people, the scenery, and the feeling. I pass by a horse farm every day on the way to the store and I live in the city!!1

7 - I love my family. I love these little pip squeaks that are in this house and my detail oriented, scout loving, Spanish speaking, home building husband. He's cool. Sometimes I am not. I am glad he loves me anyways. And, I love my extended family and wish that the states between Kentucky and California weren't so big (or even there - just put somewhere else, not gone altogether) so that I could see them more often.

Okay, enough about me on this Monday morning (it's now afternoon). I am off to exercise....maybe.

7 comments:

He plays Softball I craft said...

Thanks for the great flashback! I grew up in the OC, loving the beach, great music and my flojos!! Love your blog!

Pam said...

I too have enjoyed your blog and I also live in KY. When I saw your posts about Derby Kindergarten races I knew we were living close to each other.R U LDS? I am picking upon some clues that you are. That would make two of us. Keep on blogging. Love your posts.

Tanya said...

I totally agree with number 7!!!!

Caitlin said...

I miss your face and wish you lived closer too. I'm glad you love kentucky so much though:)

Rebekah B. said...

Thanks for sharing the 7 things about you, it's so fun to get to know "virtual" people in that way... makes you not so "virtual". You sound cool to me.

Jess said...

I love that you got engaged on the BYU football field, and I totally agree that 4 is the new 8! Oh and I love all the derby stuff you had on your blog. SO cute and SO fun.

Sofia Amaral M. said...

Great idea, the pillowcases!!!
Thanks for sharing :))
Sofia