Tuesday, January 24, 2012

new hair clips (i cheated)

I wanted to make a few new hair clips for Mallory. I made a couple heart clips using Molly's tutorial from Purl Bee. I cheated on the others by just hot gluing resin hearts I got on clearance for 10 cents last year at Hobby Lobby to the other clips.
Now, I did some serious cheating with these star, flower and cupcake clips. I found these felt stickers by Pebbles on clearance at Michaels that come in four packs like for about $1. I thought that it would be easier to hot glue them on clips than to make these felt shape myself. Instant cute hair clips!

3 comments:

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

cheating is awesome :) i do it all the time *wink*

I love your hearts-- the handstitched ones are beautiful!!

Cheryl said...

How do you keep coming up with such fabulous ideas!! These are darling!! Works of art really. Lucky little Mallory to wear such pretty things in her hair.

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

these are so cute! I hope you'll add it to my What We Wore and Made Party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW