Monday, January 16, 2012

valentine table runner

I have needed a small little runner on my entry table for some time. I had plans to get one done for Christmas using vintage table cloths, but since the fabrics for it are still sitting in a pile upstairs by my sewing machine, I decided to move on and make one for Valentines day. It's not too long - just 42" and it's 13" wide. I just took scraps of my favorite red and pink fabrics and cut them in to either 2", 3", or 4" wide and pieced them together. I stitched in the ditch for the quilting part. I really need to branch out with some sort of free motion, but for now, I am staying in the ditch. I photographed it on my kitchen table and it looks tiny there, but it is the perfect size for my entry table. I am excited that I got it done. I actually might get the Christmas one done now since it came together so quickly!

5 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Great table runner, love the fabrics you used. :)

Kristen said...

So, so cute!! Teach me!!!

Jodie said...

Beautiful, you are a constant inspiration.

Julie said...

Love it!

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

I love this!! I see that you "bound" something again-- see it's not too scary.. :)