Friday, April 18, 2008

taking a stab at applique





I was invited to a friend's baby shower this week and I wanted to make her something special. I wanted to applique on a onesie to match these little pants that I got at the Gap Clearance Center for *shhhh* .25! I only bought 4 pair. What was I thinking? For that price, I should have just scooped up the whole rack. The regrets of a good deal not had still linger....and I will just have to make do with the few that I did buy. Anyhow, I digress (tends to happen when talking about bargain shopping)... I did draw up a cute birdie and appliqued it on the onesie and really loved how it turned out. This morning I made one more to go with the other pair of pink pants I bought. I would love to put these on some bibs too to match. Too cute. It makes me want to go and have another baby just to make her a cute onesie. That's if I would have another her and we all know the chances of that are slim with 3 boys I had before the she came! I could always make some cute little boys ones too. That will be my next project since I have like 5 pair of little boy pants that are just calling for a onesie to go with them. Let me think about what cute applique I could put on the boys sets....

2 comments:

BA said...

That might be the cutest bird I've ever seen. Good job!

Tanya said...

That is so dang cute I could just eat it up...oh, this isn't the recipe site. By the way, when I first opened your blog, it looked like you hadn't posted anything for like a month, and then I hit refresh and it brought me up to speed. It did it also on your family one as well. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.