Wednesday, May 28, 2008

apron complete



For some reason I had grand visions when it came to making such a simple apron for the Sassy Apron Swap. I wanted to make it unique, but not too difficult as I am still learning this sewing craft. I found a vintage apron at the flea market that I loved, so I copied it the best I could. I made it reversible since my partner loves vintage and Amy Butler, but it had to be a summer theme. So, one side is oranges (summer theme) and the other is in Amy Butler fabric. I will say adding the pockets at the end on a reversible apron gave me so much trouble when it came to matching them up. I had to steam out all those holes from unpicking, but I did it. I will have to figure out a better way next time. If I added them before I sewed the two layers together, it bunched up on the curved seams. So, if you have any suggestions, I am willing to take them on. I hope my partner likes it!

1 comment:

lacey said...

Do you want someone to try it out?
I think it would look really cute around my middle right now- I really do think it is darling though! I would for sure 100% pick it!