Monday, December 21, 2009

neighbor gifts




I like to make several things to take to my neighbors and friends. It's because I can't decide on just one thing to make. This year I made the toffee as usual because I wanted to make sure there was plenty at our house as well as enough for our friends. But, I also made 14 sets of calendar blocks and some JOY signs. My mom and I made the calendar blocks from Lark and Lola's tutorial last January when she came to stay with me and we both said we were going to make them at Christmas time. I let her go first and work out the best way to make them in mass production and then have her pass on the tips for me. What are moms for. It went fast because I got started on them in the middle of November. Now, the JOY signs came because when we helped my mother in law move she had tons of cut wood that I inherited and so all I had to make was a new stencil.  They still remain my go to craft for every holiday. 

4 comments:

Grace Hester Designs said...

Those calendar blocks are too cool. And of course letting simple typography stand on its own (re: joy sign) always gets a thumbs up in my book. :o)

Grace Hester Designs
Silhouette- and typography- based artwork and prints
Shop my designs at http://gracehesterdesigns.etsy.com
Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/gracehester

Marjorie said...

Love the block calendar! I saw something like that a while back...and really wanted one! Thanks for the tutorial! Hope that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

Unknown said...

I just love these gifts! Great job - the calendar blocks are awesome. I'm definitely going to have to give those a try. Love your blog :-)

Lina said...

I'd love to be your neighbour! Those Joy signs are so cute!