Monday, May 19, 2008

in search of...


I need a good chocolate chip cookie recipe. I made some for the boys tonight since they have a friend spending the night (no school tomorrow) and the recipe said, "after trying millions of recipes this is the one my family loves the best." Well, how could I go wrong with that? It is not the one me or my family loves the best. It is too cakey. I too feel as though I have tried millions of recipes, but I just haven't been lucky enough to find one that I (we) LOVE. I have a fantastic one for oatmeal chocolate chip, one for malted chocolate chip, and even a great one for chocolate chip pudding cookies. Those are all great great recipes, but they don't satisfy when I am just craving a good old chocolate chip cookie. This little boy we have spending the night tonight just told me that his dad makes the perfect chocolate chip cookie. I think I am going to have to look in to that and hopefully, he is one who shares recipes. If anyone else out there has the perfect one, let me know. I like them chewy, but slightly crisp on the edges. You know...the perfect chocolate chip cookie!

6 comments:

Brett and Amy said...

I think it depends on location or elevation or something. I have a great Utah recipe, and a Virginia recipe, but have yet to find one that is perfect here.

~jen said...

hey...I'l email you my favorite family recipe...I think they're the best ever....but everyone says that about their own recipe!

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

I have always heard that the best one is the one right off the bag of Nestle Toll House Choc. Chips..
It's worth a try, sometimes the oldies are the goodies..
also- do you have the Mrs. Fields recipe? I think I do, I'll look it up..
I'm an oatmeal choc. chip cookie fanatic.. but I think you already knew that :-)

Heather said...

I do have a plain old choc. chip one that we love. Don't make it all that much cause it calls for real shortening--but they are soft and gooey. Don't know what texture you are looking for?

Stephanie said...

I've searched high and low for at least 7 years and I have finally found soft, chewy, chocolate chip cookie recipe and i'm sure you can just add a bit less flour to make them a bit crispier! IT is by far the best recipe I have ever come accross and I have cupboards upon cupboards of recipe books. If you'd like it - I'll share - just email me! sstrader@gmail.com

XOXO
Mwa!

Barbara said...

I totally agree! I love chewy insides, crispy outside... I've tried so many different recipes at this point, it's almost ridiculous. If you ever find one you love, please share it.