Wednesday, May 14, 2008

running out of steam

It's been one of those weeks where I have just one too many things going on - be it basketball games, baseball games, babysitting, hosting playgroup, chaperoning a field trip, and carpooling galore! I am not complaining, but only recognizing the reason for my sleepiness as I drive around town in the late afternoon. So, at 9 pm, it is feeling like midnight to me. I like those weeks where there isn't much planned and I can even stay in my lounge pants (really p.j.s) doing stuff around the house until I have to meet the boys at the bus. Those are rare, but coveted. Today for playgroup we had a lessons on Mothers, so I helped the kids (all 3 year olds) make these little plaques with their hand prints for their moms. We decorated lunch sacks with crayons and stickers to put them in and I wrapped ribbon around the sacks to tie them off. It was a quick idea and I really like the idea here and here. I think I will get some bigger canvases and maybe do all their hand prints on one every year. It makes me wish that I could go back in time and start when my 9 year old was younger, but since I can't I will have to live with the fact that his first hand print is at 9 (unless you count the ones from the hospital - wait those were feet)!

No comments: