Friday, May 23, 2008

bowing out

It's only 9:30 and I am heading to bed. I have a big day tomorrow. I am leaving when the sun comes up and not coming home until the sun has been down for a very long time. It's my all day girl shopping trip. I make it sound like it's a common thing, perhaps something I do often. Don't be fooled. This is a first and I am excited. I am excited to have the whole day to shop and not have a child on my leg, hip, in the cart, or just crying holding my hand. My kids are good kids, but they aren't much for shopping and I don't blame them. So, why not leave the ones who do not want to be there at home? I wish that could be done all the time because they don't like to shop at the grocery store, Target (unless they have a leftover gift card to spend), or pretty much any where else either. But, they must come nonetheless. Until late Saturday night...farewell!

2 comments:

Phillippa said...

Oh good for you- I have 4 too and leaving them for an occasional day is bliss! Last time I took the train to London and bought some gorgeous Linen in Berwick Street and browsed in Liberty's- heaven!

Melissa said...

Hey Traci,
This is Melissa, Kathryn's sister that visited your house last dec. I have been checking out your blog alot latley and think I am going to attempt one of your darling appliqued onsies. Wish me luck! I am going to need it!
I am just so impressed with you! I don't know how you do it all! You are just so creative and crafty. What an inspiration! Thanks for all your great ideas and patterns!