Thursday, May 8, 2008

a good use for books

Thank goodness my husband made a batch of snickerdoodle cookies or I might not be awake right now. We have a bad habit of conjuring up something sweet late at night. Last week was the ultimate when we made this pie. It was amazing! Not the best late night habit though. I had just started to come out of that winter weight gain. I'll just have to work a little harder - well worth the effort.

I have been collecting some vintage (and some just slightly old) children's books as of late. I have a few ideas of how I want to use them. One was this idea from Kiddley that I mentioned earlier. But, the first one that I am going to work on it a plaque for my daughter's room. I picked up the wood, printed paper, and Modge Podge tonight from the craft store. In the morning I want to paint the wood white. Then, I will decoupage the paper on and pick one of these pages - either Alice, Robbin Hood, or the little girl from Never Tease A Weasel - and decoupage it on. I will show you tomorrow how it turns out.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh cannot wait to see your creation!